Its been a busy year for edgeball consulting. So busy we´ve had little time here to tell everyone about our whereabouts. Well…its been a lot. Lets see, a quick recap as follows:
• Early 2015 we had the honor of managing the ITTF Legends Tour with old top dogs like Jan-Ove Waldner, Jörgen Persson, Jean-Michel Saive, Jean-Phillippe Gatien, Jörg Rosskopf and Jiang Jialiang. Great tournament with a cozy nice setting in the Halmstad Arena, Sweden.
• First big step on the mountaineering tour towards our Everest, the World Team Championships 2018: The 2015 LIEBHERR Men’s World Cup. 20 of the best players arrived to the Swedish west coast to fight for one of the most important titles of the year. The wording after the tournament said that this was one of the best organized tournaments ever in Sweden. Players, coaches, officials and spectators were happy. So were we.
• Lightning struck here on the west coast. Horrifying terrorist acts in Turkey forced the ETTU to move the European Olympic Qualifications away from Istanbul. Lots of big cities got the question and hesitated – time were more than short – but the one who stood up for table tennis was the Swedish Table Tennis Association and the city of Halmstad.
We were of course forced to work 24/7 with only a couple of weeks preparation time. However, we survived, we managed and as top female player in Sweden, Matilda Ekholm, said in the local newspaper; ”Im shocked that you could pull off such a great tournament with close to no preparation time at all”. Thanks for your kind words and thanks for the show. Last but not least, good luck in Rio!
• On the promotional front we have already launched the PING PONG POWER program, a deeply ambitious, regionally and nationally scoped approach to table tennis, focusing on all the positive values that our sport stands for. You will see the PING PONG POWER symbol pop upp all around in the future, especially at the World Table Tennis Championships 2018. The program will involve a wide range of community based activities targeting healthcare, school promotion, integration, regional growth and the overall development of table tennis.
• The kid is allright. Congrats to our star from over there. Kanak Jha qualified as the youngest player ever for the Olympics in Rio this summer. edgeball is working closely with Kanak and we expect his name raising with the speed of light in the records. Follow Kanak on his journey through his facebook page
• Also, say hi to one of our newest customers, Rekord Table Tennis Club, who together with the Swedish Table Tennis Association will host an event filled with true joy and love for our sport; the European Veterans Championships, summer of 2017. edgeball will help with management, communication and marketing. Looking forward to take this trip with the Rekord Club but also with our good friends and client, STTA.
Stay tuned for more updates!
edgeball – Quality minded company specializing in all aspects of strategic communication, media work, event management and High Performance Concepts for Table Tennis and other sports. Interested? Why don´t you drop us a line on info(at)edgeballmedia.se or on our social media.